August 23, 2012
Thanks so much to walkingthroughpain and Ginger Ray who both nominated me for The Sunshine Award! This is my very first blogger award and I get two nominations within a couple of days of each other, you know what they say about buses…
Anyway, you can read a bit more about the award below, and the mandatory questionnaire will help you learn a bit more about me outside of my illness.
Here are the rules:
1. If you are nominated, you must blog a post linking back to the person/blog that nominated you.
2. You must answer some questions, nominate ten fellow bloggers and link their blogs to the post!
3. You should comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
So, here are the questions:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
Can I say Jesus?
2. What is your favorite number?
I can honestly say I don’t have one.
3. What is your favorite animal?
That’s easy- penguins! I absolutely love them.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs?
I’d rather not give out my Facebook URL but you can find a link to my Twitter in the right hand tool bar.
5. What is your favorite time of the day?
Late morning as that is when I am at my most awake and productive.
6. What was your favorite vacation?
It wasn’t really a vacation, but my trip to plant a new Church in Brugge was amazing. It took faith for me to undertake such a trip and God came through. I am also thankful to my Church leaders at Freedom who had enough faith in me to send me there.
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
I don’t get to do it for pleasure anymore but walking.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
9. What is your favorite flower?
Tough choice, but right now I’d say sunflowers. I can see why Van Gogh wanted to paint them, you can’t help but feel happy looking at them.
10. What is your passion?
Jesus and Politics are the things that make my heart beat faster.
And, that’s it! All that’s left is for me to award ten new bloggers with the Sunshine award. I don’t have the time or energy to read many blogs so I have only nominated five people. I know that it is breaking the rules, but I thought it would be better to nominate five bloggers I really do love than whap down another five just for the sake of it. Only one of these five bloggers suffers from a chronic illness, the others are writers. I’d encourage you to check out their very varied and interesting blogs:
My first nominee has to be my very talented sister, Sara Bennett- http://uninterruptedmusings.blogspot.co.uk/
Concrete Moomin- concretemoomin.wordpress.com
Tom Basson- http://tombasson.wordpress.com/
Lisa Rivero- http://www.lisarivero.com
Phew! All done. I hope to post again soon, when wedding plans and health permit…
Love Katie x